Anabelle Ellwein was born and raised in Boulder, Colorado and is currently based in Honolulu, Hawai‘i. She works with analog and digital photography. Ellwein received her BFA at the University of Hawai‘i at Mānoa and graduated in Spring 2021. Her practice specializes in film and alternative processes with a desires to create a new reality of photography where borders are pushed literally and figuratively, and where others can find comfort in the acceptance of failures and mistakes.
This 19th century printing process explores hand applied emulsion and hand crafted compositions to create one of a kind imagery. This workshop will allow individuals to collect their own photogram materials, such as flowers, leaves, sticks, personal objects, trash, or anything they can find laying around. Students will use the sunlight to expose each image and watch as the colors change before their eyes. This alternative photography that allows you yo paint with light!
(All materials will be provided. If individuals want to bring any specific objects to make a photogram with, they can!)
By purchasing this workshop/class I hereby declare the following:
- I am fully and personally responsible for my own safety and actions while and during my participation and I recognize that I may, in any case, be at risk of contracting COVID-19 or harm by accidents on the FISHCAKE premise.
- With full knowledge of the risks involved, I hereby release, waive, discharge the FISHCAKE, its board, officers, independent contractors, affiliates, employees, representatives, successors, and assigns from any and all liabilities, claims, demands, actions, and causes of action whatsoever, directly or indirectly arising out of or related to any loss, damage, injury, or death, that may be sustained by me related to COVID-19
- or harm by accidents while participating in any activity while in, on, or around the FISHCAKE premises or while using the facilities that may lead to unintentional exposure or harm due to COVID-19 or other accidents.
- I agree to indemnify, defend, and hold harmless FISHCAKE from and against any and all costs, expenses, damages, lawsuits, and/or liabilities or claims arising whether directly or indirectly from or related to any and all claims made by or against any of the released party due to injury, loss, or death from or related to COVID-19.
- 24-hour notice is necessary before the class session start time if a student cannot attend, you may receive class credit. refund only on a case by case basis, under extenuating circumstances.
- If a class is canceled due to low attendance or teacher emergency then you may receive class credit or choose another available class to attend.
You also agree to authorize FISHCAKE to take photographs or video images of your artwork and likeness. You agree that the photos and videos become the property of FISHCAKE and may be used for any advertising or promotional materials.