indigo + shibori workshop by maureen walsh
(kits will be sold the day of class at extra cost. see below for details and options)
Open to all levels
Saturday may 29
1pm - 3:30pm
In this workshop we will be working with organic indigo in a fructose vat and we will explore different shibori techniques. Shibori is the process and technique of manipulating fabric to resist dye. It's a super fun process that allows you to create and take home your own beautiful masterpiece in a few short hours.
please select the kit you would like to purchase right before class from the teacher at extra cost:
OPTION 1: 4 organic cotton napkins $28
OPTION 2: 2 organic cotton tea towels $28
OPTION 3: 2 organic cotton handkerchiefs + 2 organic cotton bandanas $28
OPTION 4: canvas tote bag + organic cotton bandana $28
other individual pieces also available for purchase in class.
By purchasing this workshop/class I hereby declare the following:
- I am fully and personally responsible for my own safety and actions while and during my participation and I recognize that I may, in any case, be at risk of contracting COVID-19 or harm by accidents on the premise.
- With full knowledge of the risks involved, I hereby release, waive, discharge the Organization, its board, officers, independent contractors, affiliates, employees, representatives, successors, and assigns from any and all liabilities, claims, demands, actions, and causes of action whatsoever, directly or indirectly arising out of or related to any loss, damage, injury, or death, that may be sustained by me related to COVID-19
- or harm by accidents while participating in any activity while in, on, or around the premises or while using the facilities that may lead to unintentional exposure or harm due to COVID-19 or other accidents.
- I agree to indemnify, defend, and hold harmless the Organization from and against any and all costs, expenses, damages, lawsuits, and/or liabilities or claims arising whether directly or indirectly from or related to any and all claims made by or against any of the released party due to injury, loss, or death from or related to COVID-19.
- 24-hour notice is necessary before the class session start time if a student cannot attend, you may receive class credit. refund only on a case by case basis, under extenuating circumstances.
- if a class is canceled due to low attendance or teacher emergency then you may receive class credit or choose another available class to attend.